The transition from summer comes with adjustments to bedtime (move over midnight) and a bit more food forethought. No one wants “Easy, 15-minute Recipe” Pinterest lies right now.
The new January (aka September) may bring …
- Pressure to feed our families food that nourishes and tastes yummy.
- Pressure to be on time for martial arts, yoga, or hockey practice.
- Pressure to embrace activities and things being open without filling the calendar too full and steaming our top right off.
- Pressure to keep our immune systems strong in these (can’t believe we are still here) uncertain times.
But we don’t need more pressure. We need easy. We need grace.
I used the Tupperware products (Power Chef and Microwave Pressure Cooker) that I adore and whipped up a delicious and healthy, immune-boosting meal in 15 minutes. Not a lie. I promise.
It was cooked “under pressure” in the microwave cooker and that is the ONLY kind of pressure I want to recommend today.
I served it with brown rice and broccoli. My daughters each gave it two thumbs up!
This recipe contains health benefits from a favourite bulbous flowering plant of ours. Can you guess what is used as both a food flavouring and traditional medicine?
There are so many benefits to GARLIC that my family and I harvested one acre of it this year. With kids heading off to school, my recipes are all about using garlic – because of our abundant supply and the immune system BOOST it claims.
After googling you’ll repeatedly find evidence of how garlic can help the common cold, act as a natural antibiotic, and protect against a variety of diseases.
Check out this CUTE video of our garlic ‘patch’ and our cute, sneaky helpers here.
We want healthy immune systems and fast easy meals!
What we don’t want is pressure – to show up perfectly or make 5-course meals. Check out the “Microwave Pressure Cooker” that will make all your dreams come true.
Okay, maybe not ALL, but hello fast and easy MICROWAVABLE meals. Check it out below!
Cooking Under Pressure “Chicken Teriyaki” Easy 15-minute meal!
- 1 lb./455 g chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Paradis Valley Honey
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed in Garlic Wonder Gadget
- 2 tbsp. Arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup water
Make Teriyaki Sauce
- Make a slurry with the arrowroot powder and water.
- Place all ingredients in Power Chef, seal and spin until evenly combined. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Flavor and cook the chicken
- Place chicken breast in the base of the Microwave Pressure Cooker. Pour in teriyaki sauce to cover the chicken. Cover and microwave on high power for 15 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally until the pressure indicator fully lowers before opening. Shred chicken and serve warm.